Skip to main content

BREAKING: Nigeria records 20 new COVID-19 cases, total now 343


Confirmed cases of coronavirus have increased to 343 in Nigeria after 20 new infections were recorded on Monday.
Of the 20 new cases, 13 were recorded in Lagos State, two in Edo, two in Kano, two in Ogun and one in Ondo.
The PUNCH reports that the virus has spread to 20 new states in Nigeria.
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control made this known via its Twitter handle on Monday.
It tweeted, “Twenty new cases of #COVID-19 have been reported as follows: 13 in Lagos, two in Edo, two in Kano, two in Ogun and one in Ondo.
“As of 09:50 pm on the 13th April, there are 343 confirmed cases of #COVID-19 reported in Nigeria. 91 have been discharged with 10 deaths.
“Currently, Lagos has 189 new cases, FCT- 56, Osun- 20, Edo- 16, Oyo- 11, Ogun – nine, Bauchi – six, Kaduna – six, Akwa Ibom – five, Katsina – five, Delta – three, Enugu – two, Ekiti – two, Rivers – two, Kwara – four, Ondo – three, Benue – one, Niger – one, Anambra – one and Kano – three.”
Before the NCDC’s announcement, the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), announced the extension of the lockdown order in Lagos, Abuja and Ogun State in a bid to curb the spread of coronavirus in Nigeria.
In a nationwide broadcast on Monday, the president extended the restriction by 14 days, saying the decision was a difficult one for his regime.
Buhari said the initial lockdown helped Nigeria in its fight against the coronavirus.
The PUNCH reports that Buhari had earlier on March 31 ordered the lockdown of the states and the FCT. The initial lockdown elapsed today (Monday).
Details later…
{Punch Mobile}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  🇺🇾🔴 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

This is time to act, Charly Boy writes Nigerian youths

Charly Boy By Benjamin Njoku Following the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians by the men of the now curtailed Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force, SARS, maverick musician, Charly Boy, has urged the Nigerian youths to rise and fight against repressive administration. Charly Boy made the call on Monday via his Instagram page. The maverick musician wrote: “My Beloved Nigerian Youths, “Our elders say, when ant bite you for nyash, you go adjust your self. The truth be say, we have been silent through fear for far to long.” ALSO READ:  Wizkid blast Buhari, asks him to face his country and leave Trump alone “When will Enough be Enough? This is not the life any of you envisaged. You cannot continue in an environment that robs you of your destiny and kills your dream. Know your enemies, because it’s time to face them. “The time to start organising is now, the time to stop agonising now. The time to act is now. No one is too small to make a difference.” Charly Boy’s ...