Skip to main content

Easing of Lockdown: FCTA urges workers residing outside Abuja to remain at home





Lockdown: The Federal Capital Territory Administration (FCTA) has directed federal workers residing outside Abuja to remain in their respective states of residence pending the lifting of ban on interstate travel.

The FCT Minister, Malam Muhammad Bello, said this a statement by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Anthony Ogunleye, on Saturday in Abuja.

Bello said that the FCTA would enforce rigorously the guidelines regulating the easing of the lockdown in the FCT as part of measures to contain the spread of COVID-19 in the territory.

He said that security agencies had been mandated to arrest and prosecute, through mobile courts, anyone found contravening the guidelines.

Bello also said the FCTA would enforce the overnight curfew from 8p.m. to 6a.m. in order to prevent possible patients of COVID-19 from coming into the territory.

The minister said effective Monday, May 4, 2020, all civil servants in the FCT on Grade level 14 and above were to report for work three time in a week, on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays between the hours of 8a.m. and 2p.m.

He, however, said that all officers on essential duties were to carry on with their assigned responsibilities.

He enjoined all workers to maintain safe distancing protocols of at least two meters and wear facemasks at all times.

Bello said that temperature checks and hand sanitising protocols would be strictly adhered to at all entry points and access to offices tightly controlled.

He explained that markets were to operate for two days in a week on Wednesdays and Saturdays between 8a.m. and 3p.m.

Bello assured that neighbourhood selling points would be established in various parts of the city to decongest major markets.

” Wearing of facemask is mandatory to gain access to markets in addition to hand washing and sanitizing protocols.

” The above hygiene-related protocols are also applicable to supermarkets and neighborhood markets.

READ ALSO: Lockdown relaxation: BRT scraps short-distance tickets, to commute 20 passengers per bus

” Banks are to open between the hours of 8a.m. and 2p.m. and are to observe temperature checks, hand sanitising protocols as well as the use of face masks for staff and customers.

” Banks are to limit access by customers to allow for safe distancing reasons and limit the number of staff working on their premises to between 30 per cent and 50 per cent.

” Residents are encouraged to patronise online banking services as much as possible.

” Extant rules regulating restaurants and eateries remain in effect. Restaurants are not open to the public and are encouraged to adopt home delivery services.

” The extant directive on places of worship still subsists and they remain closed,” Bello said.

The Minister reiterated that prohibition of commercial motorcycles within the city centre remained in force including Kubwa and Dutse Alhaji.

Bello noted that tricycles were to limit their activities to areas already designated and were allowed a maximum of three persons (driver and two passengers).

” Similarly, taxis are mandated to carry a maximum of four persons at a time (driver and three persons).”

He also said that all schools in the FCT will remain closed until further notice, adding that schools were not permitted to commence third term session in any form until directed otherwise by the relevant authorities.

He, however, said that schools were encouraged to continue with e-learning and virtual teachings.

” Residents are once more reminded that COVID-19 can be fatal and all are hereby advised to take all prescribed measures to avoid contracting it.

” Persons with underlying medical conditions especially hypertension, diabetes, asthma and low immunity are advised to remain at home.

” Equally, persons 65 years and older are also advised to remain at home,” he said.

{NAN} {VANGUARD}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  🇺🇾🔴 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

This is time to act, Charly Boy writes Nigerian youths

Charly Boy By Benjamin Njoku Following the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians by the men of the now curtailed Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force, SARS, maverick musician, Charly Boy, has urged the Nigerian youths to rise and fight against repressive administration. Charly Boy made the call on Monday via his Instagram page. The maverick musician wrote: “My Beloved Nigerian Youths, “Our elders say, when ant bite you for nyash, you go adjust your self. The truth be say, we have been silent through fear for far to long.” ALSO READ:  Wizkid blast Buhari, asks him to face his country and leave Trump alone “When will Enough be Enough? This is not the life any of you envisaged. You cannot continue in an environment that robs you of your destiny and kills your dream. Know your enemies, because it’s time to face them. “The time to start organising is now, the time to stop agonising now. The time to act is now. No one is too small to make a difference.” Charly Boy’s ...