Skip to main content

Zamfara emir dies while awaiting result of COVID-19 test




Late Mohammed Ahmad Asha

The Emir of Kaura-Namoda in Zamfara State, Mohammed Ahmad Asha, is dead. He died while waiting for his result of COVID-19 test.

The monarch’s death is coming less than 24-hours after the Emir of Rano, Dr. Tafida Abubakar Ila II, passed on Saturday, after a brief illness.

His younger brother, the Dan Jekan Kaura Namoda, Abdulkarim Ahmad Asha, said the 71-year-old monarch had a long battle with diabetes and hypertension.

He added that the monarch spent four days in his palace, responding to treatment before the relapse.

He added that he will be buried according to Islamic rites on Sunday.

According to Asha, “he was taken to Yariman Bakura Specialists Hospital where he died after three days of admission.

“Asha is survived by three wives and 11 children.”

However, some reports said he died of suspected COVID-19-related complications, while in isolation.

Mustafa Jafaru, Publicity Secretary for the Control and Prevention of COVID-19 in the state, said the late traditional ruler had been in isolation at Yariman Bakura Specialist Hospital, Gusau.

ALSO READ: JUST IN: Emir of Rano is dead

Jafaru said the blood sample of the dead Zamfara emir was sent to Abuja for COVID-19 test, but that “the result is still being awaited.”

The deceased emir, age 71, was appointed in 2004 by Sani Yariman Bakura, former governor of Zamfara.

Before then, he was an accountant, auditor, and Director of Finance at Kaura Namoda, Gusau, Bukkuyum Local Government councils.


{Vanguard}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  🇺🇾🔴 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

Anambra lifts curfew, reopens schools

By Vincent Ujumadu Awka- ANAMBRA State government Tuesday announced the lifting of curfew imposed on the state by Governor Willie Obiano in the wake of #endSARS protests by youths across the state. Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr. C Don Adinuba said the lifting of the curfew followed a great improvement in the security situation in the state. Adinuba’s statement read: “Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has decided to lift the curfew imposed in the state since last week. READ ALSO: I will sign executive order to recover looted property — Fintiri “Consequently, all educational institutions closed last week in the wake of the havoc visited on the state by gangs of arsonists and looters are hereby directed to resume normal activities. “In the same vein, all civil servants are directed to return to work immediately. “Governor Obiano thanks Anambra people for their great cooperation which enabled normalcy to return to our state within a short period. “The ...