Skip to main content

Bale unlikely to make Premier League return ― Agent


Gareth Bale. PHOTO: Photo by Denis Doyle/Getty Images

Gareth Bale’s agent says the Real Madrid forward is unlikely to return to the Premier League because he wants to finish his career at the Bernabeu.

Bale is believed to have a difficult relationship with Real manager Zinedine Zidane and was almost sold to Chinese Super League club Jiangsu Suning last year.

The former Tottenham star has been linked with a move back to the Premier League on several occasions, with Newcastle the latest club to be mentioned as suitors for the Wales international.

But Bale’s agent Jonathan Barnett said the 30-year-old would happily remain in Spain.

“He has a very nice lifestyle. I don’t see why he doesn’t see his career out at Madrid, probably,” Barnett told the BBC on Thursday.

“As I’ve always said, he’s quite happy in Madrid. It’s his life that he wants to lead. Financially, he will want for nothing the rest of his life, and his children and grandchildren.”

Bale has won a host of medals, including four Champions League titles, since joining Real for a then world record £85 million ($107 million) in 2013.

ALSO READ: Bale ‘definitely interested’ in playing in Major League Soccer

But he has rarely been a regular under Zidane and has been criticised by fans and media in Spain for putting more passion into his golf hobby than his Real career.

Despite that discord, Bale has no plans to demand a move, according to Barnett.

“I have no idea what his value is,” he said. “His salary is quite high and also where he wants to go is very important in his life. I can’t put a figure on it.

“He’s won nearly everything in the world, except the World Cup, but unfortunately he plays for Wales so some things are beyond him.

“So he’s won everything else, to come back and play (in the Premier League) would be unbelievable, a big thing. I don’t think he wants to do that at the moment. He’s quite happy to play at Real Madrid.”

[AFP] [Vanguard News Nigeria]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡พ๐Ÿ”ด ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐— ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

This is time to act, Charly Boy writes Nigerian youths

Charly Boy By Benjamin Njoku Following the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians by the men of the now curtailed Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force, SARS, maverick musician, Charly Boy, has urged the Nigerian youths to rise and fight against repressive administration. Charly Boy made the call on Monday via his Instagram page. The maverick musician wrote: “My Beloved Nigerian Youths, “Our elders say, when ant bite you for nyash, you go adjust your self. The truth be say, we have been silent through fear for far to long.” ALSO READ:  Wizkid blast Buhari, asks him to face his country and leave Trump alone “When will Enough be Enough? This is not the life any of you envisaged. You cannot continue in an environment that robs you of your destiny and kills your dream. Know your enemies, because it’s time to face them. “The time to start organising is now, the time to stop agonising now. The time to act is now. No one is too small to make a difference.” Charly Boy’s ...