Skip to main content

No meeting in Enugu for now, we will retaliate — IPOB

…those arrested would be charged to court after investigation — Police


By Anayo Okoli

THE leadership of the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB, has directed members to stop holding any meeting in Enugu for the meantime following the attack on them last Sunday at Emene, Enugu State.

The spokesman of IPOB, Emma Powerful who announced this Monday, said the decision was to allow the group appraise and handle what he called “unprovoked and unwarranted attack by the Nigerian security agencies on armless IPOB members”.

He vowed that the IPOB would retaliate the attack and the killing of its members.

Meanwhile, the Enugu State Police Command has said that the five IPOB members arrested during the attack would be charged to court after investigation into the incident would have been concluded.

The Command’s public relations officer, PPRO, Daniel Ndukwe explained that investigation into the incident was still ongoing, saying that those arrested would be charged to court when the command concludes the investigation.

Ndukwe also said that so far only the five persons arrested on Sunday are in their custody.

Meanwhile, IPOB leader, Mazi Nnamdi Kanu has allegedly ordered his members to defend themselves in the event of any unprovoked attack by security operatives, warning that enough was enough.

READ ALSO: VIDEO: Many feared dead, as Police, DSS engage in gun battle with IPOB members 

Confirming this Emma Powerful said: Yes, our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu gave order last (Sunday ) night during his worldwide broadcast that any time Nigeria security personnel attack our members without provocation, IPOB will reciprocate immediately and those saboteurs and inconsequential traitors must go down without delay.

“Time has gone when IPOB would allow no longer soldiers and police in Nigeria uniforms to be killing and slaughtering innocent and unarmed citizens of Biafra. Therefore, Nigeria police must leave IPOB members alone; we are not happy seeing our people are being murdered in cold blood without any offense.

“We remain peaceful in our agitation but nobody should take our stand for granted because we must respond accordingly. Our leader Mazi Nnamdi Kanu is a patient man who loves his people Biafra and other tribes scattered all over Nigeria.

“Oduduwa’s Amotekun are armed, Fulani Miyetti Allah are armed, Fulani terror herdsmen are armed, Fulani funded bandits are armed, Fulani Ansaru Brigade is armed. They all gather in public without any military interference.

“But as soon as Biafran youths congregate in any location to pray, every Nigerian military formation including police, DSS, Army, Air force stationed in Biafraland will descend on them, firing indiscriminately with the intention of killing as many innocent people as possible because IPOB is a peaceful movement.

“The most shocking and annoying thing is that some journalists report the attack on our innocent members as clash, clash with whom. How can armless Biafran youths clash with well-armed Nigerian security personnel who e=invaded the praying and meeting place of our innocent members and attacked them unprovoked? Please, we appeal to journalists to always put the situations in proper perspective so that the world would know the true position of what our people are going through”.

He accused the United Kingdom and United States of America of keeping silence in the midst of the attack on IPOB members, saying it was proof that “this ongoing Muslim extermination of Judeo-Christian Biafrans has the official backing of both countries”.

Vanguard News Nigeria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  🇺🇾🔴 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

Anambra lifts curfew, reopens schools

By Vincent Ujumadu Awka- ANAMBRA State government Tuesday announced the lifting of curfew imposed on the state by Governor Willie Obiano in the wake of #endSARS protests by youths across the state. Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr. C Don Adinuba said the lifting of the curfew followed a great improvement in the security situation in the state. Adinuba’s statement read: “Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has decided to lift the curfew imposed in the state since last week. READ ALSO: I will sign executive order to recover looted property — Fintiri “Consequently, all educational institutions closed last week in the wake of the havoc visited on the state by gangs of arsonists and looters are hereby directed to resume normal activities. “In the same vein, all civil servants are directed to return to work immediately. “Governor Obiano thanks Anambra people for their great cooperation which enabled normalcy to return to our state within a short period. “The ...