Skip to main content

NAFDAC cautions against use of BB Glow Soul cream


The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) on Monday issued a strong warning to members of the public against the use of BB Glow Soul body cream.

The warning is contained in a statement signed by the Director-General of the agency, Prof. Mojisola Adeyeye, and made available to newsmen in Abuja.

According to Adeyeye, NAFDAC has been informed that the Malaysian National Pharmaceutical Regulatory Agency (NPRA) had banned the product having found it injurious to health.

She said that the product had been found to contain Hydroquinone and Tretinoin, which she said could cause redness of the skin, hypersensitive skin as well as the increase in the risk of skin cancer.

“Hydroquinone causes redness of the skin, discomfort, unwanted skin changes, the skin becomes hypersensitive, can prevent pigmentation (depigmentation).

“It could also reduce skin protection against harmful UV rays; the use of Tretinoin without the supervision of health professionals can cause the skin to be reddish, uncomfortable, painful, peeling, and hypersensitive to sunlight.

“NAFDAC implores importers, distributors, and retailers to immediately stop the importation, distribution, and sale of BB Glow Soul Cream cosmetic products.

“Any member of the public in possession of the implicated cosmetic products is implored to submit them to the nearest NAFDAC office,’’ Adeyeye urged.

She further encouraged healthcare professionals and consumers to report adverse events or side effects related to the use of the product to the nearest NAFDAC office and NAFDAC PRASCOR (20543 TOLL-FREE from all networks.

The D-G added that Nigerians could also report the effects of this product via pharmacovigilance@nafdac.gov.ng or the NAFDAC ADR e-Reporting platform available at www.nafdac.gov.ng.

Vanguard News Nigeria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  🇺🇾🔴 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

Anambra lifts curfew, reopens schools

By Vincent Ujumadu Awka- ANAMBRA State government Tuesday announced the lifting of curfew imposed on the state by Governor Willie Obiano in the wake of #endSARS protests by youths across the state. Commissioner for Information and Public Enlightenment, Mr. C Don Adinuba said the lifting of the curfew followed a great improvement in the security situation in the state. Adinuba’s statement read: “Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano has decided to lift the curfew imposed in the state since last week. READ ALSO: I will sign executive order to recover looted property — Fintiri “Consequently, all educational institutions closed last week in the wake of the havoc visited on the state by gangs of arsonists and looters are hereby directed to resume normal activities. “In the same vein, all civil servants are directed to return to work immediately. “Governor Obiano thanks Anambra people for their great cooperation which enabled normalcy to return to our state within a short period. “The ...