Skip to main content

Okigwe APC threatens to expel Araraume in Imo

Senator Ifeanyi Ararume

Leaders of the All Progressive Congress (APC) in Okigwe zone of lmo State have threatened to expel Senator Ifeanyi Araraume should he continue to destabilise the party and disparage the state  leader, Governor Hope Uzodinma.

Addressing a world press conference in Owerri yesterday, the leaders said it was unbeoming of Araraume to disparage Uzodinma without whose efforts the party would have lost last Saturday’s bye elections.

In a press conference text read by Hon Okoroike Chika Isreal, the chairman of all chairmen from Okigwe zone, the leaders regretted that since Araraume rejoined APC after his sojourn to other political parties,he has done nothing but to destabilise the party.

They wondered how Araraume who contested the state governorship election in 2019 under APGA and lost could think he has a right to the APC senatorial ticket.

He contested against the APC and lost. He pursued the matter up to the supreme court and lost only for him to come back to the same party he fought’, they lamented.

Describing Araraume as a serial political party defector and perpetual elections loser, the leaders argued that there was no way they could have rewarded him with a senatorial seat for his treachery.

According to them, apart from the fact that the court had already described Araraume  as an interloper in the election, the people of Okigwe zone is yet to forgive him for truncating the second term quest of Ikedi Ohakim.

They said it was shameless of Araraume to have accused Uzodinma of anti party activities whereas the governor worked tirelessly for the victory of APC in the election.

They recalled that the governor was right on ground as  the head of the grand finale of APC campaign for the senatorial elections just a week ago, where he publicly solicited the votes of Okigwe people for Hon  Frank Ibeziem ,the APC senatorial candidate, now Senator elect.

Without the unwavering support and commitment of His Excellency Senator Hope Uzodinma, APC would have lost the election to the opposition’, they submitted.‘‘

Vanguard News Nigeria

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Trump leaves hospital for White House; removes mask immediately

President Donald Trump checked out of hospital Monday after four days of emergency treatment for Covid-19, pulling off his mask the moment he reached the White House and vowing to quickly get back on the campaign trail. Shortly beforehand, Trump had tweeted that Americans, who have lost nearly 210,000 people to the virus, have nothing to fear. A series of made-for-TV moments allowed Trump to squeeze the maximum from his medical discharge, starting by exiting alone from the large gold-colored front doors of the Walter Reed military hospital just outside Washington. Live on television, he then walked in a mask to a limousine, giving the thumbs up, before boarding Marine One helicopter for the quick flight to the White House — which he left on Friday after falling ill. After landing, he walked up the steps onto the South Portico’s stately balcony, demonstratively removed his mask and offered a 23-second salute to the departing Marine One. With less than a mont...

Edinson Cavani Joins Manchester United

File photo: Uruguay’s forward Edinson Cavani celebrates after scoring his team’s second goal during the Russia 2018 World Cup round of 16 football match between Uruguay and Portugal at the Fisht Stadium in Sochi on June 30, 2018. PIERRE-PHILIPPE MARCOU / AFP   Manchester United have signed Uruguayan striker, Edinson Cavani, the club confirmed on Monday evening.  🇺🇾🔴 𝗠𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗠𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗵𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿. Ladies and gentlemen: introducing  @ECavaniOfficial … #MUFC pic.twitter.com/2tBLCdtjdL — Manchester United (@ManUtd)  October 5, 2020 “Manchester United is delighted to announce the signing of striker Edinson Cavani,” the club said in a statement on Monday. “The Uruguay international joins on a one-year contract with the option to extend for a further year.”   Cavani has been without a club since leaving Paris Saint-Germain at the end of June. The 33-year-old is PSG’s all-time top scorer, scoring 200 goals in seven seasons at the Parc des Princes. Cavani could...

This is time to act, Charly Boy writes Nigerian youths

Charly Boy By Benjamin Njoku Following the incessant killings of innocent Nigerians by the men of the now curtailed Special Anti-Robbery Squad of the Nigeria Police Force, SARS, maverick musician, Charly Boy, has urged the Nigerian youths to rise and fight against repressive administration. Charly Boy made the call on Monday via his Instagram page. The maverick musician wrote: “My Beloved Nigerian Youths, “Our elders say, when ant bite you for nyash, you go adjust your self. The truth be say, we have been silent through fear for far to long.” ALSO READ:  Wizkid blast Buhari, asks him to face his country and leave Trump alone “When will Enough be Enough? This is not the life any of you envisaged. You cannot continue in an environment that robs you of your destiny and kills your dream. Know your enemies, because it’s time to face them. “The time to start organising is now, the time to stop agonising now. The time to act is now. No one is too small to make a difference.” Charly Boy’s ...